Thursday 26 December 2013

Crafting my future

With Christmas over and 2014 lurking just around the corner, I thought it was a fine time to start thinking about my future plans. I'll start with the same resolutions as everyone else: eat less, exercise more, save money, hug a puppy...but I've decided to add a few that I actually intend on keeping.

As some of you are aware, I have recently returned to full-time work. Luckily, it was only a six-month gig and the end date is rapidly approaching. Now don't get me wrong. I really like my career and I enjoy working, but I can't wait to be back home with my daughter and being 'just' a Mum. I miss Pepper, I miss my clean(?) home and I miss researching my future craft business. 

What is my future business? I'm glad you ask...because I still have no idea. All I know is that I aim to enjoy the few short years I have left with Pepper at home and then, once she's at school, I will start a career I'm truly passionate about. I have no crazy notion that a craft business will be easy, stress-free or that I'll be raking in the millions. It will be long hours and hard work, but, it will also be interesting, enjoyable, rewarding and provide me with many opportunities to give back to the community.

My plan is simple and it starts now. 2014 will be the year of learning. I will read the books, follow the blogs, take the classes and generally just pick the brains of all the sewing professionals out there. I will study as many techniques as my little brain can handle and practice every chance I get. By this time next year, I will no longer be the bumbling self-taught home-sewer (um...sewist?) I am now. I will, hopefully, be on the way to becoming a well respected and trusted, bumbling self-taught home-sew-person.

I hope you enjoy seeing my successes and undoubtedly many failures along the way. If nothing else, it should be a good laugh ; )

Looking forward to the New Year!!!
Rachael xx

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog, it provides many informative and helpful articles. Thanks for sharing the information. Looking for more updates in future. - electrician Olinda

    ReplyDelete